A MAN was taken to hospital with burns after a fire broke out in a Flintshire garage.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in Bryn Noddfa, Mold at about 3.15pm.

A North Wales Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the casualty was taken to Wrexham Maelor Hospital with injuries described as “non life threatening”.

The cause of the fire was given as accidental spillage of flammable liquids.

FIREFIGHTERS were called after a bale of hay overheated and caught light in a barn.

A crew from Deeside tackled the fire, which broke out inside the barn in Rhosesmor at about 1.20pm yesterday.