AN ELECTRICAL fault led to a fire which completely destroyed a car.
The car was parked near the Chapel Lane junction with Gresford Road, near the Crown Inn pub, and the fire was so fierce it damaged a nearby traffic light.
A North Wales Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “We were called to attend a vehicle fire by Gresford Road in Llay at 12.52pm yesterday.
“We sent one fire engine and when it arrived the car was well alight.
“Water from two hose reels was used to put it out and the police were also in attendance.
“It has believed the fire was caused by an electrical fault.”
A North Wales Police spokesman said: “We received a call from the fire service to attend a car fire, which involved a green Volkswagen Golf. It had not been abandoned but there were no persons trapped inside, and no one was injured.
“There was no third party damage, or suspicious circumstances and there were no hold-ups for other road users.”