ad

Man, 63, sent to crown court on historic sex counts

Published date: 17 June 2014 |
Published by: Staff reporter
Read more articles by Staff reporter Email reporter


 

A case against a man charged with historic sex offences in the Wrexham area has been sent to the crown court.

Mark Granger (aka Gary Cooke), 63, of Galway Road, Leicester, faces three counts of indecent assault and two of a serious sexual assault between 1982 and 1986.

He faces four charges against one complainant and a fifth against a second boy.

He was due at Flintshire Magistrates Court last Thursday along with co-defendants.

At that stage Granger submitted a letter from his doctor to say he was suffering from confusion and was unable to attend court and his lawyers asked that he should attend court in Leicester for the case to be sent to the crown court from there.

But District Judge Gwyn Jones said that was not possible. He described the medical report before him as totally inadequate and issued a warrant for Granger’s arrest.

Victoria Evans, defending, said it had been arranged for Granger to attend court voluntarily.

Magistrates sent his case to a preliminary hearing at Mold Crown Court on Friday, to join up with the cases of the other co-defendant.

Granger was bailed in the meantime on condition that he lives at his home address and does not contact named prosecution witnesses in the meantime.

The charges arise from the National Crime Agency’s Operation Pallial, an investigation into recent allegations of historical abuse in the care system in North Wales.

For more news from across the region visit newsnorthwales.co.uk

Comments are closed for this story.

Past pictures from Bodhyfryd

  • l107834f
  • l10ac7f7
  • l108dc6d
Local Bygones

View thousands more photos like this on www.localbygones.co.uk

Browse our archive
 

Local Business Offers & Promotions


    View all offers & promotions

    Featured Businesses

    View all adverts