A WOMAN was taken to hospital for a precautionary check following a chip pan fire.
The incident happened in Denning Road, Wrexham, at about 11.50am yesterday.
A spokesman for North Wales Fire Service said the kitchen area sustained 20 per cent fire damage, together with 80 per cent severe smoke damage.
Two crews from Wrexham attended the scene. Firefighters used one hose reel and wore breathing apparatus to tackle the flames.
Last month North Wales Fire Service took part in a campaign to warn of the dangers of chip pan fires during National Chip Week.
Terry Williams, head of community safety, said: “Oil can easily overheat and ignite.
“Oven chips are safer as well as being healthier.
“If your chip pan does ignite, get out, stay out and call 999.
“Better still, throw away your old style chip pan altogether and use a thermostatically controlled deep fat fryer.
“It only takes a few minutes for a small fire to develop into one that is serious and life threatening.”