ad

Gwenymynydd woman going for UK glory and helping Dean

Published date: 13 March 2014 |
Published by: Staff reporter
Read more articles by Staff reporter Email reporter


 

A BEAUTY queen is ready to take the catwalk by storm while fundraising for a boy who has battled cancer.

Businesswoman Michelle Williams will take her place in the British finals of the Crown and Glory Beauty Pageant.

The 34-year-old, who owns the Eyelicious brow and lash boutique at Mold’s Tanz and Hanz beauty salon, won four categories at last September's semi-final – including the charity award in recognition of her fundraising efforts, having raised more than £600 for the Dean Puplett Appeal for the brave Mold seven-year-old.

Michelle, of Gwernymynydd, hopes to take the title of Miss Crown and Glory UK when the finals are held at the Beaufort Park Hotel, New Brighton, near Mold, on Sunday, March 23.

“I never though I’d have the confidence to enter something like a beauty pageant,” she said.  “It has given me so much confidence. Before the semi-final I thought everyone might be a bit bitchy and unpleasant, but that wasn’t the case at all.

“Everyone was so friendly and we helped each other out and just had a good time. I was amazed to win the Mrs Crown, which is the married or over 30s category."

A proportion of the ticket sales for the beauty pageant will go to the Dean Puplett Appeal, for which Michelle also took to the sky during a zip-wire challenge
Dean, seven, of Mold, was diagnosed with neuroblastoma when aged four.

Despite being given only a 20 per cent chance of survival, he defied the odds and is in remission from the cancer. But there is an 80 per cent chance it could return.

The appeal has been set up to raise the £500,000 needed for treatment if it does come back.

“So far I have raised more than £600 for the appeal and I’m delighted with that,” added Michelle, who said the zip-wire  challenge was “awesome but absolutely terrifying”.

Tickets for the beauty pageant finals are available by calling 01352 758646 or visiting www.crownglorypageantsuk.co.uk

Anyone wishing to donate to the Dean Puplett Appeal can do so at  www.JustGiving.com/DeanPuplettAppeal

For more news from across the region visit newsnorthwales.co.uk

You must be a registered user to leave a comment. Register or login here.

Past pictures from Bryn Gwalia

  • l1096415
  • l1096416
  • l1096412
Local Bygones

View thousands more photos like this on www.localbygones.co.uk

Browse our archive
 

Local Business Offers & Promotions

  • 10% OFF

    STUDENTS, OAP;S, HIGH SCHOOL PUPILS. 10 % OFF Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Wash/Finish or Wash/Cut/Wash (Not in Conjunction with any offer)

    Valid Until: Thursday, 11 Dec 2014

    Voucher Code: C&CO

  • 25% Off your Food bill!

    Each diner must purchase a starter & a main course. Offer valid until December 2014. Valid Sundays - Fridays only. Not valid on Bank Holidays & Selected Dates - please call for confirmation. Please book in advance & mention ' Web Offer'. This offer excludes Buffet, Banquet & Takeaway. The Restaurant reserves the right to change this offer at anytime.

    Valid Until: Friday, 05 Dec 2014

    Voucher Code: Web Offer


View all offers & promotions

Featured Businesses

View all adverts