A TEENAGER stole war medals “of significant value” from a house, a court heard.
The 16-year-old admitted two charges of burglary and breaching an ASBO at Wrexham Youth Court.
On January 30, the youth entered a property on Norfolk Road, Borras, and stole war medals, a laptop, a camera and numerous other items.
By being at the property, the teenager had broken a previous ASBO.
He then burgled another property at Hawkstone Way, Rhosnesni, a week later on February 5, where he stole a laptop, jewellery and car keys.
The youth had denied the offences but changed his plea during a brief hearing yesterday.
At a hearing last week, prosecutor Justin Espie said the stolen medals taken during the first raid were an “heirloom of significant value”.
Mr Espie continued: “On February 5, the victim left their home secured where the youth had been acting in a suspicious manner.
“The police found the ground floor window of the kitchen had been smashed and the victim saw items had been stolen.
“It was an extensive, pre-meditated, deliberate burglary.
“He breached his curfew and when later questioned by police gave a ‘no comment’ interview which inferred his guilt.”
The court heard the teenager had failed to comply with bail conditions in the past.
Most recently he had failed to comply with electronic monitoring on February 6 and 7, and education provision, also on February 7.
Chairman of the magistrates’ bench, Lloyd Fitzhugh, said the teenager’s previous convictions meant there was a risk he could commit further offences on bail.
He was remanded in youth detention accommodation until his sentencing on March 4.