THE trial of a man charged with murder following an incident in a pub in Wrexham has been put back until the summer.
Francisco John Prevete, 45, was due to go on trial at Mold Crown Court this week.
But yesterday the judge, Mrs Justice Nicola Davies, said that while it was a matter of regret, the trial was unable to proceed at this stage.
She fixed the trial to start on June 2 but said a pre-trial review would take place in April.
Prevete, of Weale Court in Wrexham, is charged with the murder of 34-year-old Craig Harold Maddocks.
Mr Maddocks, from Llay, was pronounced dead at the scene after police were called to the Cambrian Vaults in the early hours one day in June last year.
Prevete had pleaded not guilty to murder on an earlier occasion.
His barrister Susanne Goddard QC said the defence intended to rely on a medical report produced by a forensic neuro psychiatrist.
The judge agreed that time should now be given for the prosecution to instruct their own expert.
She extended the custody time limits with the agreement of the defence and told Prevete that while it was a matter of regret, this week’s trial would have to be adjourned.
Prevete, dressed in a suit, white shirt and purple tie, said he understood the position.