A HOUSE fire in a Wrexham village left a kitchen “completely burnt out”.
North Wales Fire and Rescue Service firefighters were called to an electrical fire at a house on Coed-y-Nant, Penycae, at about 12.35pm yesterday.
Two fire crews, from Wrexham and Johnstown, battled the blaze which, according to a neighbour, “completely destroyed and burnt out the kitchen in the house”.
The two crews left the scene shortly after 2pm.
A spokesman said: “The fire was confined to the kitchen.
“There was one person present in the house at the time the fire started and they were alerted at an early stage by two recently-checked smoke alarms which went off.
“Incidents like this emphasise the need to have a working smoke alarm in your property.”
A neighbour, who would not be named, said: “The kitchen has been completely destroyed. But the fire brigade were magnificent and have been brilliant with how they were on the scene quickly.”
l North Wales Fire and Rescue Service offers fire and safety checks of homes and businesses. To contact them for a check phone 0800 169 1234.