OVERHEATING in an extension lead was the cause of a factory fire at the weekend.
Eight fire crews tackled the incident at IMC Ltd on Abbey Road, Wrexham, which started at about 11.52pm on Friday and caused five per cent damage to the factory floor.
Yesterday a spokesman for the North Wales Fire Service said: “Following an investigation into the incident, the fire was found to be accidental and attributed to overheating in an electric extension lead.”
A statement released earlier this week from the company, which makes commercial catering equipment, said: “IMC had a minor fire which may cause our customers a little inconvenience. Most of the problem has been caused by smoke damage in the factory which we are in the process of cleaning up.
“Our phone and computer systems are up and running with our office now open normal working hours.
“The factory should be fully operational by Wednesday/Thursday in which time all deliveries outstanding will be sent to our customers.”