THREE people were taken to hospital after a house fire in the early hours of the morning.
The fire broke out in a property on Cunliffe Street at about 4.40am yesterday.
A spokesman for the Welsh Ambulance Service said: “Three casualties – a female in her 40s and two males aged in their mid teens – were taken to the Maelor to be checked over following smoke inhalation.”
Firefighters used one hose reel and two breathing apparatus to tackle the flames.
Neighbour Arkadiusz Podsiadlo was woken by the blaze.
He said: “I was asleep and then I heard noise which was coming from outside on the street. There were a number of firemen here who were dealing with the incident."
North Wales Fire Service said the fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical appliance overheating.
A spokesman said: “The fire appears to have been started due to the overheating of an electrical element in an airing cupboard.
“We would advise residents to avoid placing clothes or materials on or around the electrical elements or plugs within airing cupboards, and we would recommend people have their heating systems checked periodically by qualified engineers.”
Firefighters were seen handing out smoke alarms to residents on the street later in the day.