A MAN had a lucky escape after fire ripped through his house.
A quick-thinking 15-year-old called 999 after seeing flames engulf the living room and blow out the windows.
Neighbours say a woman in her seventies and her son in his forties have lost everything in the blaze.
The fire at a semi-detached house in Strand Park, Holywell, started at about 4pm yesterday.
The man, said to be called Adrian, was treated for smoke inhalation by from front page an ambulance crew at the scene.
It is thought he was upstairs when the fire broke out downstairs and his mother Alma was not at home.
Next door George Jones, 15, heard the alarm and acted fast.
“I heard the alarm going off for about a minute and I wondered what was going on so I went outside,” he said.
“I could just see fire coming out of the left window and going up the side of the house.
“The guy rushed out and looked at me and I ran inside and called the fire brigade.
“The fire was ruining all of the bottom floor. It engulfed the whole room and broke the front windows and started going up the front of the house.
“Aide kept asking me shall I go back in and I said no.
“They had some birds inside that passed away but they got their dog out.”
His father, Tim Jones, said: “Alma has lost everything. She is a really nice lady. My wife has gone to take some clothes round for her now.”
When the Leader arrived at the scene we saw the whole of the front room was destroyed by flames. Fire fighters were carrying out their investigation through the charred remains.
Station manager David Roberts said: “At about 4pm we received a call to a house fire.
“Initially two pumps attended then a third pump as well.
“We are unsure as to what the cause is and are still investigating.
“There was a smoke detector in the property that alerted the owner to the presence of a fire.
“He has had a lucky escape. I would like to stress the importance of having a working smoke detector.
“The ground floor was involved in fire and the first floor is smoke damaged.”
A North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said the cause was accidental, with nothing suspicious.
Firefighters used six breathing apparatus, two hose reels, ladders and thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze.
There was 100 per cent fire damage to the ground floor and damage to the first floor.