Greenhouse paraffin blast rips through bungalow

Reporter:

Owen Evans

A bungalow was badly damaged after a paraffin light in an adjoining greenhouse caught fire.

Half of the house was damaged by the fire, which took hold at the property on Drury Lane, Buckley, at around 11.30pm on Monday night.

The greenhouse was also badly damaged in the fire, which was deemed accidental.

A man and woman were checked over by paramedics following the blaze, but did not require hospital treatment.

The man was treated for a small burn to his head.

A total of three crews, one from Buckley and two from Deeside, attended the fire, which took around two and a half hours to put out.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and had to use ladders to access the roof to put the blaze out.

Yesterday neighbours on Drury Lane rallied together to help the elderly man who lives at the property, which looked to be damaged throughout.

A neighbour had to put plastic sheets on the roof, which was severely damaged at the front of the house.

Email:

owen.evans@nwn.co.uk

See full story in the Leader

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Read